This weekend is the seventh year for the FoCoMX (Fort Collins Music Experiment) in the downtown area of Fort Collins. It is a two day festival that has well over two hundred Colorado music acts at over twenty venues. This festival represents almost every genre and sub-genre imaginable, from world-jazz to outlaw-grass and reggae-jam to modern folk and so much more. After some sampling from the FoCoMX website and some other personal experience with several of this years artists, I have come up with my own suggestions for this years festival. From the short clips I saw and heard, these are the acts that seemed to be the best musicians with the most original sounds.
- Michael Kirkpatrick @ Equinox Brewing 3:30 p.m. All Ages (singer/songwriter w/ mandolin)
- Young Ancients @ Odell Brewing Co. 5 p.m. All Ages (bayou-soul)
- The 14ers @ Illegal Pete’s 5:45 p.m. All Ages (soul-folk)
- The Twirling Zucchini Trio @ Compass Cider 5:45 p.m. All Ages (world-jazz)
- Manabi Salsa Band @ Aggie Theatre 6 p.m. All Ages (salsa)
- Britton Deuel @ Lyric Cinema Cafe (lobby) 6 p.m. All Ages
- Dechen Hawk’s Jus Sayin @ Equinox Brewing Co. 6:30 p.m.
- Professor Fox’s One Man Band @ Fort Collins Museum Of Discovery (dome)
6:30 p.m. (blues-folk)
- Biff Gore @ Cache Old Town Bar & Grille 6:45 p.m. 21+ (soul)
- Contraband @ The Boot Grill 7 p.m. All Ages (Ska/afrobeat)
- Finnders & Youngberg @ Illegal Pete’s 7 p.m. All Ages
- Ian Cooke @ Everyday Joe’s 7 p.m. All Ages (quirky folk w/ cello)
- The Echo Chamber @ Hodi’s Half Note 7 p.m. All Ages
- Jeremy C. Grant @ Lyric Cinema Cafe (lobby) 7 p.m. All Ages
- The Honey Gitters @ Avogadro’s Number 7:30 p.m. All Ages
- The Burroughs @ Aggie Theatre 8 p.m. All Ages (surf-soul)
- Justin Roth @ Cache Old Town Bar & Grill 8 p.m. 21 + (modern folk)
- Bill Smith @ Illegal Petes 8:15 p.m. All Ages (jamtronica)
- Rich With Friends @ Avogadro’s Number 8:30 p.m. All Ages
- The Dead Jam House Band @ Equinox Brewing Co. 8:30 p.m.
All Ages (Grateful Dead tribute)
- Maxwell Hughes @ Everyday Joe’s 9 p.m. All Ages
(finger style guitarist/folk singer)
- The Longest Day Of The Year @ Washington’s (upstairs) 9 p.m.
All Ages (swing-grass)
- Kind Dub Music @ Pateros Creek Brewing Co. 9:15 p.m. All Ages
- Choice City Seven @ Mainline 9:15 p.m. 21+
- The Deadwood Saints @ The Whisk(e)y 9:15 p.m. 21+
- Tallgrass @ Avogadro’s Number 9:30 p.m. All Ages
- Two Scoops @ Old Town Distilling Co. 9:30 p.m. 21+
- Mama Lenny & The Remedy @ Aggie Theatre 10 p.m.
All Ages (funky-blues)
- Marq Fraker @ Lyric Cinema Cafe (lobby) 10 p.m.
All Ages (moody folk)
- Blue Grama @ Avogadro’s Number 10:30 p.m. All Ages
- Lee Holiday & The Time Off @ Mainline 10:30 p.m. 21+
- Trichome @ Aggie Theatre 11 p.m. All Ages (funk/reggae/jam)
- Good Gravy @ Illegal Pete’s 11 p.m. All Ages
- The Yawpers @ Hodi’s Half Note 11 p.m. All Ages
- SolPride @ The Boot Grill 11 p.m. All Ages
- Von Stomper @ Avogadro’s Number 11:45 p.m. All Ages
- Thin Air Crew @ Pateros Creek Brewing Co. 11:45 p.m.
All Ages (hip-hop)
- Punch Drunk Munky Funk @ Mainline 11:45 p.m. 21+
- Halden Wofford & The Hi Beams @ The Whisk(e)y 21+
- The Patti Fiasco @ Aggie Theatre 12 a.m. All Ages
- Hog MaGundy @ Washington’s (upstairs) 12 a.m. All Ages
- DJ Jimeni @ Old Town Distilling Co. 12:30 a.m. 21+
This is by no means, the entire list of music in Fort Collins as a part of FoCoMX 7, but rather some of the acts that I recommend from all genres. Unfortunately, we can’t possibly see every band at the festval, but I hope this list will assist you in deciding which shows to see and the ones that can be sacrificed for them. I will have a list of bands to see on Saturday, posted tomorrow. That Is What I Know, So That’s What You Know!! Enjoy!!
Happy Listening!!!! 😉